Dometic FreshJet FJX4 2200 Air Conditioner
Modern looks, superior performance: This new-generation Dometic FJX4 2200 W roof air conditioner cools down your motorhome, caravan or campervan in record time – with minimal energy consumption, and superbly quietly too. The integrated CleanAir system keeps your vehicle smelling fresh and clean. Rest and relax in complete comfort after an adventure-filled day, and wake up to a new day full of energy!
This new generation roof air conditioner cuts a good figure on the road and at the campsite. The sleek, modern design of the rooftop unit immediately catches the eye. Providing 2200 watts of cooling power, the Dometic FreshJet FJX4 2200 creates the perfect conditions for relaxing in your motorhome. It cools down the cabin in record time – with minimal energy consumption, and superbly quietly too. The integrated CleanAir system keeps your vehicle smelling fresh and clean, while effectively reducing allergens, bacteria and mould. Smart connectivity features give you various convenient control options: remote control, smart phone app, wall thermostat, or intuitive touch control on the air distribution box.
The Dometic FreshJet FJX4 2200 is one of the smallest rooftop air conditioners for caravans and motorhomes in the world. It provides year-round performance for vehicles up to seven meters in length and controls humidity to boot. Several years ago, Dometic saw a substantial hole in the market. Motorhome and caravan enthusiasts wanted to be able to control internal temperatures and humidities in their homes, but they didn’t have the tools or space to do it. Dometic, therefore, introduced the FreshJet range – the smallest air conditioning units on the market. These systems are so compact that they still leave space on the roof for solar panels, satellite dishes or even additional air conditioning units.
The Dometic FreshJet FJX4 2200 features a range of handy features users will love. Each unit, for instance, comes with a convenient remote control, allowing you to adjust operational performance on the fly. You can also adjust the direction of airflow to keep occupants comfortable, up or down, left or right. There are even LED lighting features fitted to the air distribution box. The unit’s most important feature is its complete climate control for your caravan or motorhome. Once you install one of these in the roof of your vehicle, you can cool, warm and even dehumidify while on your journey. The cooling capacity of the unit is 2200W, while the heating is 1200W, allowing you to optimise internal temperatures, no matter what is going on outside. Low starting currents mean that you can use it on campsites with low electrical protection.
The unit also dissipates heat in two directions, helping to create currents that carry warmed or cooled air to every nook and cranny of your caravan/motorhome. You can even use it to create specific climate zones if you have a larger vehicle. The Dometic FreshJet FJX4 2200 is the smallest roof air conditioners available that cools, heats and dehumidifies motorhomes and caravans of up to 7 m in length. Achieve the perfect indoor climate! Vehicles of any size can be air conditioned with the successful FreshJet series, which includes four models in the series. These three FreshJets are the smallest air conditioners on the market. The power versions shown here have the same ultra-compact design, which still leaves space for solar panels or a satellite dish on the roof or even for a second FreshJet if you need separate air conditioning areas. Very low starting currents with FreshJet 1500/1700 and soft start with the 2200 model ensure that the units run smoothly even on campsites with low electrical protection.
DOMETIC CLEANAIR AIR PURIFIER
Our new air purification system uses advanced bipolar ionizer technology to keep your motorhome smelling fresh and clean while greatly reducing allergens, viruses, bacteria and pollutants. Ionizers purify air through several methods. Firstly, they create positive and negative ions to help reduce pathogens, odours, and mould. Bacteria and virus cells are robbed of their life-sustaining hydrogen, reducing their number.
Secondly, odours are reduced when they oxidise on contact with the charged ions. Last but not least, the positive and negative ions attach to the particles in the air. Their attractive forces make the particles bigger. This in turn allows the standard dust filter of your air conditioning system to remove more particles from the air.
Please note that if you order a non-fitted unit then we will ship this to you on a pallet.
ALL BASES COVERED
One of the smallest air conditioner units available for caravans and motorhomes of up to 7 m in length (or used in larger vehicles as a duo), the ultra-compact Dometic FreshJet 2200 leaves enough roof space for solar panels, a satellite dish or even a second FreshJet if you need separate air conditioning areas. Its very low starting current ensures that the unit runs smoothly even on campsites with low electrical protection. Efficiently distributing air in two directions, it cools when it’s too hot and heats when it’s too cold, ensuring on-board comfort all year round!
AIR DISTRIBUTION BOX
Dometics new air purification system uses advanced bipolar ionizer technology to keep your motorhome smelling fresh and clean while greatly reducing allergens, viruses, bacteria and pollutants. Ionizers purify air through several methods. Firstly, they create positive and negative ions to help reduce pathogens, odours, and mould. Bacteria and virus cells are robbed of their life-sustaining hydrogen, reducing their number. Secondly, odours are reduced when they oxidise on contact with the charged ions. Last but not least, the positive and negative ions attach to the particles in the air. Their attractive forces make the particles biggre. This in turn allows the standard dust filter of your air conditioning system to remove more particles from the air.
Low-profile air distribution box with powerful front and back airflow
Intuitive Touch Control
Simply turn the knobs to adjust the temperature and airflow rate
Adjustable outlet vents
Simply adjust the direction of the airflow with your fingertips
Warm white LEDs create a beautiful, soft ambient light
Reusable Dust Filter
Easy to remove for cleaning
Dometic Climate App
Conveniently control your roof air conditioner from your smart phone
COMPACT CLIMATE CONTROL
Dometic’s FreshJet are among the smallest air conditioners on the market. With different versions to suit different sizes of vehicles, even the most powerful versions share the same ultra-compact design. The space-saving design leaves room on the roof for solar panels, a satellite dish or even for a second FreshJet if you want separate air conditioning zones. Thanks to a very low starting current and soft-start function, the units will even run smoothly on campsites with low electrical protection. Adjustable air flow encourages effective air distribution, exactly as you need it. Capable of cooling, heating and dehumidifying air: FreshJets offer comfort. Integrated LED lighting allows users to create ambient lighting inside the vehicle. All functions are conveniently managed with an easy to use remote control.
ASSISTING NASA WITH AIR CONDITIONING EXPERTISE
In 2011, NASA was on the lookout for an air conditioning system to install in their lunar electric rover. They decided they needed expert help and consulted numerous suppliers. Finally, after a rigorous selection process, the space agency chose Dometic. After extensive trials in Arizona, where the system had to keep scientists and their equipment cool and dry in extreme heat and high-dust levels, Dometic’s technology was approved for extra-terrestrial duty. Thanks to our talented engineers and their hard work and dedication in developing innovative solutions to meet NASA’s rigorous technical specifications and safety requirements for this unusual test vehicle, Dometic.
- Optimised airflow for increased efficiency and reduced noise
- Integrated touch control display – unique in the market
- Integrated lighting – warm white LEDs for soft ambient light
- Vertically adjustable outlet vents for individual airflow regulation
- CleanAir air purifier system – keeps your motorhome smelling fresh and clean
- Low-profile design (just 68 mm high) leaves more headroom in the cabin
- Reusable dust filter – easy to remove for cleaning
DOMETIC FRESHJET FJX4 2200 ROOF AIR CONDITIONER FEATURES
- Superior cooling performance – the cabin is cooled down in record time
- Quieter than other roof air conditioners available in the market
- Superior energy efficiency – reduced power consumption
- CleanAir air purifier system – keeps your motorhome smelling fresh and clean
- Remote control included as standard.
- Smart connectivity options – compatible with Dometic smart phone app and premium wall thermostat
- Air distribution box with touch control panel and integrated ambient light
- Ultra-compact and lightweight design
- Cool, warm or dehumidify air at the touch of a button
- Ideal for vehicles up to 7 m in length
- Efficient air distribution in two directions
- Soft-start feature ensuring easy start up even with low electrical protection
- Can be used as a duo unit for creating separate climate zones in larger vehicles
- Can also be used while driving with optional DC kits
WHAT IS IN THE BOX?
You will get the complete Dometic Freshjet FJX4 2200 unit and air distribution box. This is ready to be mounted into a 400x400mm cut-out. Once it is fixed in place it can be connected to a 230v supply.
- Dimensions product depth (Roof Top): 752 mm
- Dimensions product height (Roof Top): 225 mm
- Dimensions product width (Roof Top): 702 mm
- Net weight (Roof Top): 30.40 kg
- Input voltage (AC) : 220-240 V
- Input frequency : 50 Hz
- Cooling capacity (ISO 5151) : 2200 W
- Dimensions product depth (Distribution Box): 579 mm
- Dimensions product height (Distribution Box): 48 mm
- Dimensions product width (Distribution Box): 518 mm
- Net weight (Distribution Box): 3.90 kg
- Roof Opening : 40 x 40cm (W x D)
- Roof Thickness (mm) : 25-60
- Cooling/Heating Performance : C. 2200 watts/7500 Btu H. 1200watts
SELECTING THE RIGHT AIR CONDITIONER
The refreshing, cool air of an air conditioner can be key to your onboard comfort. This buying guide will help you to understand the different features and benefits of air conditioner models; allowing you to choose the ideal unit for you and your vehicle!
THE BIG QUESTION: DO YOU OWN A MOTORHOME, CARAVAN OR CAMPERVAN? SIZE MATTERS.
Not all vehicles are compatible with every type of air conditioner:
- Insulation strengths of individual models can vary and so we recommend speaking to your authorized dealer or service center for the best advice according to your specific vehicle.
- A vehicle’s length also influences air conditioner choice; powerful units being needed for large internal spaces. In some cases, more than one unit is used.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ROOFTOP AND UNDER BENCH UNITS?
Air conditioners are either designed for installation on the vehicle’s roof or inside an internal storage compartment.
ROOFTOP AIR CONDITIONER
Rooftop air conditioners are positioned over the window in your vehicle’s roof. For installation, the roof must be flat and have sufficient space.
- Storage: it does not use any valuable storage space inside your vehicle. This is particularly beneficial to owners of smaller vehicles with limited internal space.
- Light: given its position over a window, rooftop units can obstruct natural light. Unless of course you purchase a rooftop unit with an integrated window!
- Distribution: choose between an air distribution box or, for wider, more targeted distribution, a ducting system.
- Clearance: it will add to your vehicle’s height – however, a sleek, low-profile rooftop model you’ll barely notice the difference.
- Heater: since heat rises, rooftop units aren’t optimally placed to heat your vehicle.
UNDER BENCH AIR CONDITIONER
An under bench air conditioner is located inside the vehicle – under a bench or in a compartment. It is ideal if your vehicle’s roof is curved or crowded with other devices.
- Storage: you will lose internal storage space to accommodate the air conditioner.
- Light: windows are unaffected meaning it won’t block natural light.
- Distribution: always via a ducting system, allowing a wide distribution of cool air to multiple rooms of your choice.
- Clearance: your vehicle’s clearance height is not affected.
- Heater: its low installation position makes it more effective as a heater.
WHICH AIR CONDITIONERS COOL AIR THE QUICKEST?
The “cooling capacity” of an air conditioner (sometimes referred to as pull down power) indicates the speed at which it cools air. This feature is measured in British Thermal Units per hour (BTU/h). If you want to feel a drop in temperature as quickly as possible, then choose an air conditioner with a high cooling capacity.
ARE YOU CONCERNED ABOUT CLEARANCE HEIGHT?
Low-hanging obstacles such as bridges make the clearance height of your RV well worth considering. An obvious solution is to choose an under bench unit which will not add any extra height to your vehicle. However, an aerodynamic, low-profile rooftop unit can add as little as 25cm to your vehicle’s clearance height, making them a great option too.